Monday, April 16, 2012

C4K Summary of April



Eli's Blog


I love to play football. It is a big deal for me because my dream is to be a NFL football player, as you can see in another one of my posts. I play for the Vikings. Every fall, at the beginning of September, we start practice, and we end at the beginning of December. But during the summer I do a four day camp that keeps me up to par with my skills. Every morning at camp we would wake up at 6 and stretch. Then we would eat breakfast, have a 3 year hour practice, eat lunch, have a 3 hour practice, eat dinner, have another 3 hour practice, then we would go to bed. This happend for four days straight. Then at the end of camp they would select the all stars of that age for there specific position, and who ever was selected would go to Dallas and play in Cowboys Stadium. I obviously was selected and had a lot of fun in Dallas. I am looking forward to this years camp, and the upcoming season.

I commented back and said
Eli,
I am a student from the University of South Alabama and I was assigned to comment on your blog. After reading your blog, I feel as if I was reading something that my brother would have written. He played football 2 years in high school and then went to Mississippi College and played for 4 years. If it is your dream to play NFL football, then do everything that you can to achieve that goal. I give you props for the long 4 day camps. I could not imagine practicing that much in one day. My body would be exhausted. I hope you are very successful in this upcoming football season.


Eli's Blog


This week for the Week Four Blogging Challenge we were asked to think globally. My teacher posted a number of organizations to look at and I randomly picked this one and really liked it. This organization helps provide clean drinkable water for people in need. Have you ever thought about not having water? How about having to 3 walk hours for it. Or having to drink non – sanitized water. Did you know that there are almost a billion people in the world that don’t have clean water? Charity Water is an organization that helps provide clean water in developing countries across the world. 100% of the public donations fund the water projects. Diseases from unsafe water and lack of general sanitation kill more people every year that all forms of violence, including war. “In Africa alone, people spend 40 billion hours a year just walking to find water” as charitywater said on there website. The walk is also unsafe, there are attacks, and the long walks take a hard toll on the peoples spine. When was the last time you had to walk to a river, pond, or lake, to find water? A way we can help is, we can pledge to give up our next birthday to provide clean water to people in need. We can do this by, instead of asking for gifts your next birthday you can ask for donations and help change peoples lives. We can help change lives. Just 20$ can provide clean, safe, uncontaminated water for one person in need.

I commented back on Eli's blog and said, This is week 2 of my commenting on your blog. I find it interesting that some people have to walk for water. I have heard about it in other country’s but I did not know that it was three hours they had to walk just to get water. I could not imagine having to walk all that way just to get water. When you mentioned giving up our birthdays so that other people would have clean water is a awesome idea. I think that if at least 100 people did it, it would help out more than we could imagine. Keep up the great work. Your research is detailed and well put together.


Eli's Blog


20, 15, 10 he’s tackled after a 63 yard kickoff return and is down on the 10 yard line. He catches his breath, and goes to the huddle. Sweep left is called which means the ball is again going to end up in his hands….again. Its the fourth quarter 7 seconds to go. The defense is scared and tired. The offense is loaded with confidence. If they can get the ball into the endzone they will win the superbowl. The crowd is on there feet and is going crazy. Millions of people are watching the game and the stakes are high. Coach calls time-out so we can catch our breath and re-group. 40 seconds later and we’re back on the field. Ready set hit go and they’re off. The QB pitches the ball to there number 1 played and hes gone. The offense blocked perfectly, the only thing he has to do is beat the corner and score. He meats the corner at the 7 yard line jukes him, 5 yard line and dives over the pilon, knocking it down. Touchdown it over, we had won.

Thank you Mr. Ferlazzo,
For giving me a list of websites to find the perfect picture for me to right about.

I commented back on Eli's blog and said, Eli,
While I was reading your post, I felt as is I was actually there at a game and living in the moment. Your description of the game and each detailed action that was taken was fantastic. Keep up the great work.
Do you play football in school now?.

Jasmyne's Breakfast
In the C4K I was assigned a blog in which a little girl named Jasmyne drew a picture of what she had for breakfast as well as a video describing it. In the video, she said that she had toast and strawberry jam. Her mom made it for her before she went to school.

I commented back and said,
Hey Jasmyne!
I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I enjoyed watching your video of what you had for breakfast that morning. It sounded very tasty. It is a very good thing that you get up and eat breakfast in the morning. It makes the day go by better and gets your brain working early in the morning. Keep up the good work! (:
Best Wishes!
Sara Cardwell

No comments:

Post a Comment